1. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Okay there is someone in a town near by that is making outhouse looking buildings at a great price. I am thinking of having one as a coop. I live in a very old farm house in the middle of the city lol that with chicken will sure give them something to talk about (I am evil)
    When I was a kid we lived for a short time in Oklahoma and the was an old delauxe outhouse (as my dad called it) it was wide enough for 2 seats. Our chickens always layed and slept in there
    What do you all think

2. Chix-in-GA

Chix-in-GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Nashville, GA
    That sounds like absolute genius! [​IMG]

I wish I had an outhouse to add to my pallet coop!

I would totally go for it! [​IMG]

3. sis

sis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    PA
    I think it would be perfect with your farm house. I remember a double seater from a camping trip when I was a kid.
    Have fun with it as a coop! post pictures

4. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

I would love to have an outhouse as a chicken coop. My mom also grew up using a 2 seater outhouse(with 10 siblings it was still a hassle to get in there).
    I think it would be very rustic looking and your birds would love having a house like that. I don't know messurements but I would just make sure it's large enough to house the birds you have now, plus extras. You know you can't have just one!!!hahaha

5. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I think that it is a great and clever idea. Is it going to be a 2 holer? And some folks might have more than a little trouble reaching in the hole to get eggs.

6. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

Quote:Can I ask what they are charging?

7. citalk2much

Dec 22, 2008
    I am going to call Monday to get a price with the mods I will need. Like the chicken door a roost and nest boxes I am also thinking of having it 3 feet wide and 2 feet deep would that be good for how many chickens?

8. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    As long as they have a large enough run it would hold 3

9. citalk2much

Dec 22, 2008
    They are in lake odessa and the standard one they are showing for a garden shed is 85.00 I think that is a great price

10. citalk2much

Dec 22, 2008
    Hummmm I wanted 5 or 6 maybe I will to think of something fun to go with an outhouse to house the others
    Any ideas out there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by