outhouse

citalk2much

Twilight Blessings Farm
11 Years
Dec 22, 2008
GR MI: TN bound!
Okay there is someone in a town near by that is making outhouse looking buildings at a great price. I am thinking of having one as a coop. I live in a very old farm house in the middle of the city lol that with chicken will sure give them something to talk about (I am evil)
When I was a kid we lived for a short time in Oklahoma and the was an old delauxe outhouse (as my dad called it) it was wide enough for 2 seats. Our chickens always layed and slept in there
What do you all think

That sounds like absolute genius!
yippiechickie.gif

I wish I had an outhouse to add to my pallet coop!

I would totally go for it!
ya.gif

I think it would be perfect with your farm house. I remember a double seater from a camping trip when I was a kid.
Have fun with it as a coop! post pictures

I would love to have an outhouse as a chicken coop. My mom also grew up using a 2 seater outhouse(with 10 siblings it was still a hassle to get in there).
I think it would be very rustic looking and your birds would love having a house like that. I don't know messurements but I would just make sure it's large enough to house the birds you have now, plus extras. You know you can't have just one!!!hahaha

I think that it is a great and clever idea. Is it going to be a 2 holer? And some folks might have more than a little trouble reaching in the hole to get eggs.

I am going to call Monday to get a price with the mods I will need. Like the chicken door a roost and nest boxes I am also thinking of having it 3 feet wide and 2 feet deep would that be good for how many chickens?

Back
Top Bottom