Outlaw Chicken Owners - How many are out there - Promise I won't tell.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by dwdoc, Jan 31, 2011.

1. dwdoc

dwdoc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    Seffner, Florida
    I am curious just how many outlaw chickens owners are really out there.

I will neither confirm nor deny that I am amongst ya....[​IMG]

2. BlakesFarm

BlakesFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Upstate SC
    [​IMG]

I am glad that I dont live in the city. I got fowl without even looking at the laws [​IMG], but I know that I am fine.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  3. johnschiks

johnschiks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2010
    Hurley, MS
    3 happy and very well cared for outlaw chicks here:lol:

4. cluckin_crazy

cluckin_crazy Green Bot

Nov 29, 2009
    Queen Creek, AZ
    My city is ok with my 5 hens, 8 chicks and the quail eggs in the bator, but my HOA is a different story.. [​IMG]

5. dwdoc

dwdoc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    Seffner, Florida
    Quote:5 hens and 8 chicks??? What does your city expect to happen with the chicks when they are no longer chicks? Are you supposed to get rid of them?

6. the-bird-man

the-bird-man Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    land of the sun
    my city says i can have 5 hens and i think 5 chicks.... so lets put it this way, i have 10 chickens [​IMG]

7. chickenshagg

chickenshagg THE ALPHA ROO

Apr 18, 2009
    St. Charles, MO
    I live in the part of the county un-incorporated but because it is zoned residential I am not allowed to have "Livestock" and that is what the county took me to court for last week. Had a couple of neighbors go with me to say that they love my chickens and I told the court that they are "pets" not livestock. The judge said that he will make a ruling and notify me by mail. I did not feel good when I left the court.

8. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Chickenshag, keep us posted! Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    My hens are not outlawed but recently found out my roosters may be. But I figure as long as no one complains Im not getting rid of them. My neighbor has a rooster and no one has complained on her and hers crows all the time. Mine only does when I let them out of the coop.

10. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    2 legal hens 2 illegal hen. City only allows 2 per back yard:rant Just 2 or 3 years ago you could keep up to 15 according to animal control but people abused it badly by keeping roosters ,engaging in poor sanitation, neglecting their animals ect. City council held a meeting and reduced it to 2 birds. Really whats the point to just 2 birds?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by