Outlaw Chicken Owners - How many are out there - Promise I won't tell.

dwdoc

Songster
9 Years
Dec 13, 2010
Seffner, Florida
I am curious just how many outlaw chickens owners are really out there.

I will neither confirm nor deny that I am amongst ya....
wink.png

wink.png

I am glad that I dont live in the city. I got fowl without even looking at the laws
tongue.gif
, but I know that I am fine.

Last edited:
Quote:
5 hens and 8 chicks??? What does your city expect to happen with the chicks when they are no longer chicks? Are you supposed to get rid of them?

I live in the part of the county un-incorporated but because it is zoned residential I am not allowed to have "Livestock" and that is what the county took me to court for last week. Had a couple of neighbors go with me to say that they love my chickens and I told the court that they are "pets" not livestock. The judge said that he will make a ruling and notify me by mail. I did not feel good when I left the court.

My hens are not outlawed but recently found out my roosters may be. But I figure as long as no one complains Im not getting rid of them. My neighbor has a rooster and no one has complained on her and hers crows all the time. Mine only does when I let them out of the coop.

2 legal hens 2 illegal hen. City only allows 2 per back yard:rant Just 2 or 3 years ago you could keep up to 15 according to animal control but people abused it badly by keeping roosters ,engaging in poor sanitation, neglecting their animals ect. City council held a meeting and reduced it to 2 birds. Really whats the point to just 2 birds?

Back
Top Bottom