outside temps ?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by vsmenagerie, Aug 17, 2011.

1. vsmenagerie

vsmenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    So, the girls are 2 weeks old now, and getting a TON of feathers. I had been taking them outside, the temps were around 85 or so and they LOVED it. But, the past few days, its been in the mid 70's and I havent because I wasnt sure if it would be ok

Could I take them out if I put their light out? Or should I just hope it warms back up? They really want to go out I think. Or they are just really starting to like us, because anytime we go to the brooder, they all run to us and will jump out.

2. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    I took mine out in the 70s at that age. Just not for a very long time and only if it was sunny out. My youngest was really good about alerting me to her discomfort so if she started peeping, it was time to go back in.

3. vsmenagerie

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    Yea, these guys let us know for sure when something isnt right! I will try it today and just keep a close eye on them. I have enclosed one end of their pen as well. I just wasnt sure! All 20 are doing great so I didnt want to mess up LOL

4. vsmenagerie

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    Im glad I took them out! they are loving it and seem to enjoy the sun [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by