OUtta the mouths of babes

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Six year old dd is reading One Fine Day to me and she stopped at one point and looked over her glasses at me, "This story is just too illogical!"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    [​IMG]
    Really? I read Harry Potter when I was in kindergarten and thought it made perfect sense. Yipes, I must be crazier than I thought.... [​IMG]

3. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Doesn't it make you smile when they show such intelligence?

I was keeping my brother's 3-year-old boy once, and he accidentally broke a flower pot. I fussed at him, felt terrible, and apologized. He said, "It was fragile." It just blew my mind that he knew that word!

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:I read Harry Potter in middle age and still thought it made perfect sense.....away ya muddle.....[​IMG]

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    My little one (3) came this morning screaming on top of her lungs
    Mommy I'm crying" like i didnt hear er from a mile away

6. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Harry Potter Does make sense!!! [​IMG]

One Fine Day which has a cow standing in a field asking for the fox to bring her grass - that is illogical! [​IMG]

7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

One Fine Day which has a cow standing in a field asking for the fox to bring her grass - that is illogical! [​IMG]

It is? [​IMG]

8. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

Six year old dd is reading One Fine Day to me and she stopped at one point and looked over her glasses at me, "This story is just too illogical!"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Your daughter sounds like she's been reading the dictionary instead!​

9. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Quote:It is? [​IMG]

DD explained carefully, as only a six year old can, that the cow does not need the fox to bring her grass [​IMG] She's standing in it! [​IMG]

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    How cute! I love listening to what little kids say when I am babysitting during the summer. Yesterday I was teaching a class for work here at the college and afterwards I was waiting around surfing the web on my ipod. This group of women come around the corner with this little boy (probably about 1 1/2). He was running around in circles like a little mad man. He was so adorable though! The mom kept telling "Go ahead and tire yourself out, that way you will sleep well when we get home!" At one point he started taking off his jacket and told his mom "I have to take this off because it is too HOT!" I just wanted to run over and squish him. He was such a little cutie pie!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by