Outta the mouths of babes

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Oct 16, 2008.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    OK< there is this kid my daughter knows from school that I simply do not like. At 8 years old, their personality is their own, but their attitudes are essentially still their parents! And this kid is so snobby and nasty....

Anyway, so the other day I am at the school and this girl says to my DD, "Only poor people have chickens in their yard!" (Add snarky tone yourself...)

I watched to see if I should step in. But DD gives her this look! Amused disdain [​IMG] And said calmly, "Well, when this depression gets worse don't come to me for eggs!"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I was very proud of her. It may not have been the nicest thing to say, but how clear she is about what's important!!

2. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    Good for her. You have raised her well.[​IMG]

3. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    You've got one intelligent kid there!! [​IMG] What a great quip!

4. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Good for your daughter! For one reason she wasnt nasty to the other girl and also because she answered her very intelligently (sp). I understand how you feel when my son was very young he had a friend that was african american. They loved playing together at school. One day I picked him up and he was crying he said that his friend told him they couldnt be friends anymore because they were different colors. I still get verry angry over it.

5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I'm glad I chose to open this thread and read it! CUTE! And, she's absolutely right!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Excellent response. Maybe it made the other girl think. IF she even is aware of what's going on in the world right now. Obviously, your daughter does!

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Kudos to your daughter for an AWESOME response!!!! I am always amazed at how rude and obnoxious......and totallly uninformed.....some kids are!!! Glad your little one had such a perfect and quick, comeback. [​IMG]

8. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    JUST wait until you bring IN your chickens for show and TELL and all those KIDS are all around your daughter LOVING on her chickens.

Everytime my daughter comes home with a story like this....we call the school and bring the chickens IN for show and TELL!!

That is definite BULLY behavior....not acceptable.

Ask your daughter to take the chicken to that little girl FIRST. I always tell my girls...when someone is mean to you it is because they are jealous of you and you need to find a way to 'win' them over.......because you never know......THEY may be a good friend someday.

I also remind them....that sometimes you cannot change folks like that and to JUST WALK AWAY. Sadly....snobs like that never change and usually have a whole boatload of problems that you need not worry your sweet heads about.

9. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    YOU can also tell your daughter to explain the costs of a dog/cat compared to 25 chickens....
    My PET feeds me breakfast....

[​IMG]

10. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I would love to see your daughter do a report on how much more nutritious eggs from home raised chickens can be, compared to eggs from the store. She could also add some information about the growing trend in backyard chickens and the many cities all over the country that are now allowing them, like Madison, WI.

Maybe she she could add some pictures of Martha Stewart's chickens. [​IMG]

Any other famous chicken owners out there???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by