Outta the mouths of babes

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
OK< there is this kid my daughter knows from school that I simply do not like. At 8 years old, their personality is their own, but their attitudes are essentially still their parents! And this kid is so snobby and nasty....

Anyway, so the other day I am at the school and this girl says to my DD, "Only poor people have chickens in their yard!" (Add snarky tone yourself...)

I watched to see if I should step in. But DD gives her this look! Amused disdain
big_smile.png
And said calmly, "Well, when this depression gets worse don't come to me for eggs!"
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

I was very proud of her. It may not have been the nicest thing to say, but how clear she is about what's important!!

Good for your daughter! For one reason she wasnt nasty to the other girl and also because she answered her very intelligently (sp). I understand how you feel when my son was very young he had a friend that was african american. They loved playing together at school. One day I picked him up and he was crying he said that his friend told him they couldnt be friends anymore because they were different colors. I still get verry angry over it.

Kudos to your daughter for an AWESOME response!!!! I am always amazed at how rude and obnoxious......and totallly uninformed.....some kids are!!! Glad your little one had such a perfect and quick, comeback.
smile.png

JUST wait until you bring IN your chickens for show and TELL and all those KIDS are all around your daughter LOVING on her chickens.

Everytime my daughter comes home with a story like this....we call the school and bring the chickens IN for show and TELL!!

That is definite BULLY behavior....not acceptable.

Ask your daughter to take the chicken to that little girl FIRST. I always tell my girls...when someone is mean to you it is because they are jealous of you and you need to find a way to 'win' them over.......because you never know......THEY may be a good friend someday.

I also remind them....that sometimes you cannot change folks like that and to JUST WALK AWAY. Sadly....snobs like that never change and usually have a whole boatload of problems that you need not worry your sweet heads about.

I would love to see your daughter do a report on how much more nutritious eggs from home raised chickens can be, compared to eggs from the store. She could also add some information about the growing trend in backyard chickens and the many cities all over the country that are now allowing them, like Madison, WI.

Maybe she she could add some pictures of Martha Stewart's chickens.
lol.png

Any other famous chicken owners out there???

Back
Top Bottom