Ova Easy by Brinsea!!!! Update!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Liexicof15, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Liexicof15

Liexicof15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    My DH just gave me the okay that I could buy the Brinsea Ova Easy 190!!!! It is now ordered and I can't wait for it to get here! WOOOHOOOO![​IMG]
    Anyone have one? You like it right?!?!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  2. mothersin2ition

mothersin2ition Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Othello, WA
    omg no, but JEALOUS!!! Tell Hubby WTG [​IMG] maybe he can have a talk with my dh?!

3. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    X's 2 [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congrats. 109 hens eggs at a time and all automated... wow!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Oh how exciting. You must let us know how you get on with it. I will be interested to hear as I will be getting one once my rheas start laying. You ARE going to hatch something straight away, right? What is going in? [​IMG]

6. Liexicof15

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    Yes, I get silkies from Bobbi Porto on the regular. I am also getting some silkie eggs from someone else that are from the Glenn See line. I am also looking to get some orpington eggs in some different colors, my mom loves her buff orpingtons. I will definitely let ya'll know how it does. I have the brinsea mini advance, and it works awesome but just does not hold enough. Brinsea was having a sale this month where you get the humidity pump for free!! Done! And I really check around for prices and the best deal is to buy direct from Brinsea. I've got a nice lav. split pair from Bobbi that should be ready to lay in the next month or so, and I do NOT want to miss out on hatching those if my small bator is full. Guess I won't have that problem now....[​IMG]

Here's Beauty.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the Beast, his fluffy side....
    [​IMG]

7. Liexicof15

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    Update: It got here just 2 days after ordering it!!!! So awesome. Easy to setup. Not sure if I have the humidity pump setup right, it may just be taking a while to adjust. One thing they don't tell you is that the door automatically swings shut unless you hold it open, that way you don't risk accidentally leaving it open. So far, I have a tester silkie egg in there. Here's some pics for everyone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So excited![​IMG]

8. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    I am envious! [​IMG]

9. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Those look like nice little incubators. I have been thinking about buying a couple of the larger ones (if only my pocketbook could handle it! and my marriage actually too, LOL, but my husband would probably divorce me).

I really wish someone would make one of the better incubators like this in a slightly larger size that wasn't a fortune in the price jump from the other cabinet models. Good luck with the Ova Easy! I bet it will be awesome for you. [​IMG]

10. CindyG

CindyG Chillin' With My Peeps

Wowza!! that is a nice looking bator!! I have two of the Brinsea Mini Advance, decided one wasn't enough but trying to control myself by limiting space. Not sure it's working when I start drooling over your pics. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by