over 24 hrs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Loretta212, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Loretta212

Loretta212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    so my first duck started hatching around 5pm yesterday and still has not made it out of the shell should i help???

2. kdmp7244@aol.com

[email protected] Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Wilmington, Ma
    Does your incubator have enough water in it? To keep the humidity up? You could help the chick but it is risky you can kill the chick. For instance one time I had a chick start to hatch but the egg got so dry and stuck to the chick he couldn't get out. So I did help and he was fine. But if the egg is not dry then he could bleed to death because of all of the veins on the inside of the egg. You should probably wait. But its totally up to you hope this helps. The most important thing is to keep the humidity up so the inside of the egg does not get dry and stuck to the chick making it extremely hard for him to get out.

3. Loretta212

Loretta212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    the hummidity is good i can actually see the duck sort of turning its body and making the hole bigger its just taking some time do im going to leave it be and let it hatch on its own right now the 3 that havent started hatching are all chirping back and forth with the one hatching lol its very cute

4. let us know how it turns out! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by