Over 6 months old and no eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LindsaySinai, Jul 3, 2011.

1. LindsaySinai

LindsaySinai Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    San Diego
    My easter eggers are over 6 months old and have still not laid any eggs. For awhile it seemed like they were getting ready and now there behavior seems like it's the same as before. Is there any supplements they might need or am I just being impatient?

2. Tenmore

Tenmore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Ogden utah
    JUst have to wait Im doing the same thing should be anytime......Stop looking for eggs and they will come [​IMG] ....I know easier said than done good luck

3. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    While it may have been coincidental, the lady at the feed store told me to get my girls on layer feed to get their bodies ready to lay and that I've had them on starter/grow for too long. Exactly one week later I got my first egg. I've had some say keep them on starter/grower UNTIL the first egg and others say get them on layer.

4. LindsaySinai

Jun 17, 2011
    San Diego
    Quote:I put them in with my older hens a few months back so they've been on lay mash for awhile...I wonder if theres such a thing as starting them on it too soon??

5. LindsaySinai

Jun 17, 2011
    San Diego
    Quote:How old are yours?

6. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Quote:I put them in with my older hens a few months back so they've been on lay mash for awhile...I wonder if theres such a thing as starting them on it too soon??

The stress of moving and having to rework pecking order may have set them back.

7. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    My barred rocks didn't lay until 28 weeks, or 7 months. Same with my Lavender Orps. My Delawares were about 5 1/2 months.

8. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    A watched pot never boils...stop thinking so hard about it & it will happen when THEY are ready!

9. sanyijr

sanyijr Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2011
    Livermore
    They are all roosters. Mine too. 10 "birds".

Reds, rocks and some others. No eggs. I will elevate them to "chicken" status when eggs are deliverd. Until then, they are decorations that eat and poop!

10. LindsaySinai

Jun 17, 2011
    San Diego
    They both laid today!!!!!! Funny that they start on the exact same day!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by