Over abundance of eggs! Got any egg recipes?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by MochaDuck, May 19, 2019.

1. MochaDuck

MochaDuck Songster

Jun 7, 2018
    I have more duck and chicken eggs than I know what to do with. Anyone have any eggs recipes to share? Any are welcome, but I'd like to try deviled eggs and pickled eggs.

Thanks all!

CuckooTheCrazyChicken likes this.
  2. 2 many chickens

2 many chickens Songster

Jan 14, 2017
    Cheesy Bacon Quiche is always delicious. Can be served for as a breakfast or a dinner.

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist

Mar 11, 2017
    South Park, Colorado, USA
    Quiche!
    1 frozen pie crust
    Whisk 3 duck eggs with 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream (its always 1/2 a cup heavy cream per egg used)
    Pour into crust (make sure you set the whole thing on a baking sheet)
    Add any meat/veggies you want
    Add about a cup of shredded cheese over the top
    Bake at 375 for 45 min

Criticalicious likes this.
  4. PirateGirl

Mar 11, 2017
    Duck eggs have extra cream yolks when hard boiled, great for egg salad and deviled eggs!

5. MochaDuck

MochaDuck Songster

Jun 7, 2018
    I think I'll try to make that :). If I made it with chicken eggs, how many would I need?

6. PirateGirl

Mar 11, 2017
    Probably 4. You just pour the egg/cream mixture in the pie crust until it’s full. I like to put veggies in first so I don’t overflow the whole thing when I add them! I think it comes out better, richer and fluffier, with duck eggs, but nothing wrong with using chicken eggs for a quiche.

TweedyChick likes this.
  7. FoodFreedomNow

FoodFreedomNow Crowing

Aug 11, 2016
    KY
    If you like cheesecake, you must try this recipe (from a BYCer). It's delicious!!:drool

I made this 10 Egg Pound Cake (also from BYC) once, but my oven went bonkers and burnt it to a crisp. :hitRuined my new bundt pan, too. :rant

8. Criticalicious

Criticalicious Songster

Feb 25, 2017
    New Market, VA
    Eggs can be frozen up to a year, one of two ways. Either whole or separated into yolks and whites. You'll need to crack them open - don't freeze the shells. If freezing whole, scramble the yolk and white together in a silicon muffin pan. Once frozen, remove from the pan and store in a freezer bag to save space. If separating, portion whites in 1/4 cup's in a muffin pan and freeze whole yolks separately. Due to consistency changes, frozen eggs are best used in recipes where you can't taste the texture.

Cooked quiche also freezes well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: