Over molting duck

Amorgan8688

Songster
Apr 18, 2018
Oklahoma
My crested pekin who is mostly
Blind with neurological issues...was way behind as far as development when I got her a year ago. She’s a year old now (I got her in May 2020) she has seizures. She will go
Months without having them and then BAM she has them over and over for days and then she’s fine again. There has been times when I thought I was losing her. Anyways, she molts ALOT! Never down to the fluff but she loses her flight wings and all! It’s every 2-3 months that she does this. I’m sure it doesn’t help with her seizures. Is there something I should be doing? Vitamins or
Some kind of medicine for her molting so much? My other ducks don’t really molt..just the eclipse molt. Is there anything I can do?

Gosh I wonder if the molting and seizures could be related?? @Isaac 0 might have some helpful advise.
Actually in humans, neurological issues can cause molting—especially if the neuro issues are resulted from withdrawing from a medication, which regulated receptors.
Of course, this is in humans! If I had to take a stab in the dark—I think the two could relate in ducks as well. I’m no vet, but it’s definitely something the op could ask one. And as far as I know, there are no neurologists for ducks, or???

Interesting to say the least.
Be well, Ducklingguy 🦆

Back
Top Bottom