Over run with fuzzy butts and love it - what do you have?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thepetpaw, Aug 22, 2008.

1. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    I have so many new fuzzy butts......29 guineas, 6 light brahamas, 6 polish, 12 amaericanas, 6 silver laced wyondonetts [​IMG] they are so cute and entertaining!

Tell me about your fuzzy butts!

2. BawkinOnTheBench

BawkinOnTheBench Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    UT
    2 Easter Eggers (Easter and Egg), Rhody the RIR, Star the Red Star, Reepicheep the Gold Laced Wyandotte and Peckachu the NHR. All standard pullets from MPC. Arrived Wednesday.

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I have a hen house with 14 and three big brooders in the house with chicks in. I love mine too! I have all sorts...they are all listed in my sig line [​IMG]

4. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

1 mo. old ankle biters! 1 Partridge Rock(hopefully a roo), 3 Buff Orps, 4 Black Stars, 5 Dominiquers, 5 White Rocks, 4 New Hampshire Reds.

One NHR and one BS eaten by a big, black snake...RIP fuzzy butts!

Freeranging for the first time this week and going crazy loving the outdoors. Getting bolder each day and exploring wide open spaces.

5. thepetpaw

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    Isnt this fun - i love talking and finding out about everyones little fuzzsies...they are so adorable arent they. We will have to keep in touch and give updates on all of our little fuzzies!

6. thepetpaw

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    beekissed - I am sorry about your two babies - bad snake...bad vibes to you for eating the little babies -

7. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I got revenge! [​IMG] [​IMG] Hated to kill such a beautiful specimen, but he ate my future money makers! Doesn't pay to make Mama mad around here! [​IMG]

8. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

11 bantam cochins (black, golden laced, and silver laced, plus 1 little birchen "peanut"), 4 standard barred rocks, 4 black bantam orpingtons, 1 blue silkie roo and 1 splash silkie hen (both bearded)...and I'm going next week to pick out some lavender silkie chicks! Woooohoooooo! I'm so loving this chicken fever!

9. Shogun99

Shogun99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Las Cruces, NM
    I have 23 Black Star chickens (I think 4 roo's and 19 hens). One died in shipping and one died when the dog...err puppy got too excited and chomped one of them. In his defense, the chick was still alive, but hurt beyond repair...it was only the 2nd day after having baby chicks after all and he was extremely curious. We also have 2 unknowns. One is white in color and the other is more of a golden red. Don't know about eh white one. Sometimes he acts rooster like, and othertimes like a layer. The goldie...well we'll just have to wait and see.

10. thepetpaw

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    Did you all buy from a hatchery or hatch them yourselves....? I got mine from Welp hatchery - only one guinea died in shipping and went out this am and all were still living - pooping - eating and chirping up a storm.

I got the guineas because there are so many bugs around here and I hate the ticks...so hopefully here in a few months or next spring 29 straight run guineas will help out with the tick population! '

I already want more!!! they are so cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by