Over the road truck driver.. is your hubby one??

DH was offered a OTR job and turned it down. Even though he would be taking home almost twice what he makes now, it would tare us appart to be seperated that long. I don't know how people do it, they must be much stronger than me, I married him because I wanted to build a life with him and be with him. Long haul just wouldn't be that, it's the journey not just the end that we live for.

Quote:
It's different for everyone ~ when I met my husband, he was already over the road. So out of 20 years, he's spent almost half that over the road. There have been years when he was local and home every night. But, I do enjoy my time...
wink.png

My DH does a little bit of everything OTR if were desperate (I hate it when he's gone so he does what he can to avoid that) but mainly flatbed and dirt hauling. He has his own truck so he's pretty flexible. Just right now there is not a whole lot moving
he.gif

Last edited:
My dh is a truck driver. He is more regional now, so home mostly every weekend. There was a time when I had a toddler and newborn, that he was only home once a month. And that was for his military duty. Tough times. Dh is still in the military, so that takes him away some as well. I'm kinda used to it, and keep busy with work, the kids, critters, etc. If I'm really having a bad day or meltdown, dh can usually come home for a few hours anyway. It is hard though, and sometimes I get envious of my best friend, whose dh is home every night.

My brother used to drive truck. I went with him a few times. I loved it. I thought about getting my CDL and driving team with him.

Dh has met quite a few couples that drive together.Now with the new electronic logging the tag team method will help keep the miles up for them.We will probably see a major drop in income,but oh well the laws must be followed. Dh teases me to get a CDL,but I would be hitting a lot of things! I don't even like to drive.He loves it.

Back
Top Bottom