Overall Apron - Buy It Now Price

CALI CHICK

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
Rio Linda, CA
This can be your Christmas gift to yourself!
wink.png
I ship USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days).

OK, I'll admit, it's my "Chicken Apron"! How many times do you go out to check on the chickens and end up picking up several? Then you have to go inside and change your clothes! With a chicken-designated-apron, you won't have to change 5 times a day.

I make these by recycling old blue jeans into something cute and usable again. No two are alike since I try to mix up the shades of denim to create contrast and interest. I label the sizes from Small/Medium to Medium/Large. The main difference is the width & length are a few inches wider or longer, but they are really "one size fits most". I can do specific sizes if you are really tall or need a wider skirt area.

These sizes are approximate:
The first apron is a "small/medium" apron. It would fit about size 4-8. The "skirt" part of the apron is 15"-20" wide and the belt is about 52" from end to end.

The second apron is a "medium/large". It would fit a taller, size 6-12. The "skirt" portion is 18"-26" wide and the belt is 56" from end to end. The neck strap is also longer.

I will mail each apron freshly laundered and ironed.....and leave the dirtying to your chickens.
wink.png
They can be spot cleaned or thrown in the washer and dryer. I recommend ironing after wards to help them keep their shape.

APRON IS $40.00 or $45.00 with the "egg pocket".
SHIPPING IS $5.50 each.

Last edited:
great idea! I don't need one, but if I do I know where to get one now!!! Very cute. Could you add a pocket on the front for egg gathering?

That's funny that you should mention an egg pocket. Great minds (or "chicken-minds") must think alike-hehe. I've been mulling over replacing the bib pocket with a pocket that opens out a little to collect eggs. I really like the look of the "Back" jean pocket on the bib, however I will eventually design an egg-collecting pocket (for those who use the apron for that specifically). There are also pockets at the waist -but it would be a mess if you bent over and forgot about an egg!

My silkie eggs actually fit in the top pocket perfectly.

I spend a lot of time holding my silkies and the apron is super at protecting my clothes from their dirty feet.

Last edited:
Yes-that is an "EGG POCKET" added to the front of my newest apron!!!
big_smile.png
I had my sister model it for ya'll because she is taller and bigger than me and I thought it would look better on her....And, it does! It is more of a M/L size but really works as a "one size fits most" like I mentioned in my first post.

The egg pocket in the close-up photos is carrying 8 eggs. Five very large Barred Rock eggs and 3 smaller eggs from a silkie..........and there is still room for a couple more eggs! I pulled them up to the top for the picture, but they settle into the bottom when you are standing and wearing the apron. I designed the pocket like a pouch that expands out, yet the band at the top stays flatter. Here are more pictures of the new apron.

If you like the egg pocket idea, just add $5 to the original $40 price.

Oh how creative! I made a little apron (waist down) for myself out of an old pair of jeans. I never have enough pockets! The jeans still fit, but they were indian jeans I guess cause they kept creeping up on my butt! I hate when they do that. I just used the top part to keep my sewing to a minimum, but I love the idea of creating a full apron. My apron has the original waist ban, which means I can button it and hook my tape measure or whatever on it. Yours are gorgeous! Great idea to tweak it for those gathering eggs too. And I admire anyone that can sew. That's a talent!

Back
Top Bottom