Overdose on Nutri-drench??

Jennn27

Songster
Mar 9, 2015
Marshall, TX
I have a Silkie roo who is down with a vitamin deficiency. I have given him B12 and Nutri-drench. But, I misread the dosage amount and gave him way too much. He is 2 lbs. I gave him 3 cc's. Can he overdose?? Kinda freakin out here.

I have a Silkie roo who is down with a vitamin deficiency. I have given him B12 and Nutri-drench. But, I misread the dosage amount and gave him way too much. He is 2 lbs. I gave him 3 cc's. Can he overdose?? Kinda freakin out here.

I think you are o.k. if you only gave him that much nutri-drench one time. Just get some fluids into him and see that he is eating.

May I ask what type of vitamin deficiency he has?

Nutri drench can be overdosed on because it has vitamin E which is fat soluble. I don't think once will do it though.

B 12 cannot be over dosed on as far as I know.

How do you know it's a vitamin deficit? Do you wish to discuss symptoms?

I also wish to mention that despite not seeing the B's on the nutri drench guaranteed analysis.. reading through the ingredients I did see at least thiamine which is one of the B's. Not sure if there were others. I used to not use it because I wanted the B's. And felt as though part of their claim was bunk. But the one thing I decided I DO like about the nutri drench that I haven't YET noticed on other vitamin supplements is that it also includes some amino acids.

Did you start another thread for your boy? How old? How long has he been with you? What do you feed regularly including treats and supplements. What symptoms are you seeing and how long have they lasted? Have you checked for worms, or bullying? What do you think has caused the deficit and what which vitamin is it that you are thinking?

Sorry he isn't well, hope he starts feeling some recovery soon! :fl

If you are giving nutri drench as drops because they are not drinking...what is the correct dosage?

I'm not quite sure about your question - "because they are not drinking"?

Poultry Nutri-Drench is a vitamin supplement that is great to have on hand to give a bird a boost. Usually the direct dose is 1cc per 3lbs of weight once a day. Or follow the directions on the bottle to mix in the flock's water.

I have been talking to some ladies on a chicken page on FB, too. He is off balance, no bloody stool, though. He is eating ok. I have been giving him eggs with electrolytes mixed with water. Yesterday, he could kinda hobble on one leg, but today, he can't stand at all. But, he is still eating, so that gives me hope. I also plan on worming him and the rest of my silkie flock.

I also wish to mention that despite not seeing the B's on the nutri drench guaranteed analysis.. reading through the ingredients I did see at least thiamine which is one of the B's. Not sure if there were others. I used to not use it because I wanted the B's. And felt as though part of their claim was bunk. But the one thing I decided I DO like about the nutri drench that I haven't YET noticed on other vitamin supplements is that it also includes some amino acids.

Did you start another thread for your boy? How old? How long has he been with you? What do you feed regularly including treats and supplements. What symptoms are you seeing and how long have they lasted? Have you checked for worms, or bullying? What do you think has caused the deficit and what which vitamin is it that you are thinking?

Sorry he isn't well, hope he starts feeling some recovery soon! :fl

Thanks!! He is about 9 months old. No bullying as he is the head of the flock. I have him, another silkie roo and a hen by themselves in their own separate pen away from my "regular" chickens. THey have been together since day one and all get along great. I feed layer feed regularly, and up until yesterday, none of them has shown any signs of distress. There are no mites, in the ears or otherwise. The only other thing other than the balance issue, is the green, watery stool. Which I was told to treat for worms. So I am going to get some wormer here really soon. Planning on treating him and the rest of the silkie flock.

I'm not quite sure about your question - "because they are not drinking"?

Poultry Nutri-Drench is a vitamin supplement that is great to have on hand to give a bird a boost. Usually the direct dose is 1cc per 3lbs of weight once a day. Or follow the directions on the bottle to mix in the flock's water.

Sorry...meant to say not drinking a lot of water :confused: thanks...that answered my question:thumbsup wanted to know direct dose for my girl who just stopped being broody and went straight into a molt:th

Back
Top Bottom