Overdue eggs

Equimby88

Songster
Jun 10, 2018
Eggs due to hatch between the 6th and 8th August. 5 have hatched.. today I did the float test in the remaining 10 eggs. 2 sank so they have been removed and 8 are back in the incubator as they floated so assume still alive.. how reliable is the float test. I'm sure I can see some of the eggs wobble in the bator but not sure if it's my eyes playing tricks on me.. should I make a safety hole to see if that encourages pipping? They are 4-5 days over due.

They did slightly rock side to side in the water and Iv just been sat watching them in the bator and they are wiggling. If there still alive why have they not hatched. I really want them to hatch lol I'll be gutted if they don't

They did slightly rock side to side in the water and Iv just been sat watching them in the bator and they are wiggling. If there still alive why have they not hatched. I really want them to hatch lol I'll be gutted if they don't

If they're wiggling, they're working on it. Do you hear them peeping from inside the egg? If not, they have not internally pipped yet. Don't try to help them. There are a number of reasons they haven't yet. Usually off dates or too low temps. Give them some more time.

I did have a lisen and couldn't hear anything. Not even tapping like I heard with the 5 that's hatched.. if had another look and can't see them wiggle any more so I am wondering if my eyes were just playing tricks.. I think I'll give them till there 10 days over due then just throw them away because I can't imaging any duck wpuld hatch that late. My temp has been 37.5 all the way thru and humidity between 55 and 60 for the first 25 days then upped to 70 on lock down.

When I candled them at 21 days they were all living and moving around so I don't no we're iv gone wrong

Have you candled this egg today to see if it's alive in there? If no external pip and they're overdue, can't hurt to have a look! I would ... Better than not knowing

I ended up throwing them away. They were all dead:( I candled them and there was no movement.

I was gutted.. One of my ducklings is bow panting and very weak.. hardly moves around with the others and it didn't seem to have grown like the others.

Back
Top Bottom