HorsesRMe123

Songster
Aug 1, 2020
Washington, USA
I have a pregnant doe who is now 32 days pregnant. This is her first litter. I’m certain she is pregnant because she’s gained quite a bit of weight, she’s huge, and we saw babies kicking. I was almost certain she would have her babies last night since she didn’t have them on her due date. But nope. Another night of no babies is gone again. Why do you think she hasn’t had her babies yet? Should I take her to the vet? She hasn’t pulled any fur. She’s gotten a little cranky and ravenous for food these past few days, but that’s her only behavior change. I’m concerned if the kits will just die inside her body. What should I do?

I would give her a few more days she is not that overdue yet. The stress of the vet may cause problems

Edit, I just looked up rabbit gestation and most places say 28-32 days some even say 30-33 so she is not even overdue yet (I could not remember exactly how long their pregnancy was)

I would give her a few more days she is not that overdue yet. The stress of the vet may cause problems

Edit, I just looked up rabbit gestation and most places say 28-32 days some even say 30-33 so she is not even overdue yet (I could not remember exactly how long their pregnancy was)
Ok thanks for the input. I’ll wait a while until I need to take her to the vet. I’ll keep updating.

At this point the best thing you can do is leave her alone and make sure she has a suitable nest box. If you are hovering over her you can make her nervous.

Did you get some kits?
Yes, she did end up having kits! I now know what happened. We bred her on May 27th, but she didn’t take to that breeding even though there were several successful fall offs. On the morning of June 4th, we saw a bunch of fur pulled everywhere and hay stashed everywhere. It was obviously way too early for any nesting behaviors or for her to give birth that day. She had a false pregnancy. So we bred her again that day. And she raised sky high for our buck. On July 5th, she gave birth to 7 gorgeous babies!

I have a pregnant doe who is now 32 days pregnant. This is her first litter. I’m certain she is pregnant because she’s gained quite a bit of weight, she’s huge, and we saw babies kicking. I was almost certain she would have her babies last night since she didn’t have them on her due date. But nope. Another night of no babies is gone again. Why do you think she hasn’t had her babies yet? Should I take her to the vet? She hasn’t pulled any fur. She’s gotten a little cranky and ravenous for food these past few days, but that’s her only behavior change. I’m concerned if the kits will just die inside her body. What should I do?
2 of mine went days over due this year

Back
Top Bottom