Overheated???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SarPil, Aug 22, 2013.

1. SarPil

SarPil Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2013
    It was way hotter then normal here yesterday my dark Brahma was nowhere to be found all day we search high and low she finally came out of some bushes late afternoon she seemed normal but when I watched her close I noticed she was not eating anything I offered she would pick things up and drop them again but she would drink water I offered. I gave her some vitamin and electrolyte stuff I have. This morning she has still not come out in the yard with the rest of the group. I gave her some watered down oats this morning which she did eat. Not sure if there is more I should be doing?? I haven't noticed her poop but all the droppings in the coop seem normal. We haven't gotten any eggs from her in a few days but that is not uncommon.

2. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I would think if it was only overheating, she would have recovered by this morning.

3. SarPil

Aug 22, 2013
    I have her in the house now to see if she will eat and drink or how much she is taking in I Also want to check her droppings. They are watery?? I'm not sure what that means?

4. SarPil

Aug 22, 2013
    I also I'm not sure if I am cause more stress by having her in the house. It will be hot again today so I figured a air conditioned basement would be better for her

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by