1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Overly attached chicken

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by phanman, Jan 17, 2013.

1. phanman

phanman New Egg

Jan 17, 2013
    Hi all,

I have a chicken who is two months old (Had him since he was a chick). Whenever I pick him up to pat him a bit, he refuses to get off my arm, unlike my other chickens who fly off two seconds after I pick them up. Does anyone else have a chicken that is very attached to them here?

2. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

I have a WLH chick that isn't to fond of me like yours but as soon as I pick her up and put her on my hand she will not/refuses to get of it.lol.

3. phanman

phanman New Egg

Jan 17, 2013
    I guess it's just a personality thing, ever since he was a chick, he would stand in front of my door chirping until someone patted him. And he still falls asleep on my arm as he did when we first bought him.

4. chookbookchook

chookbookchook Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2013
    New Zealand
    I have a chicken who comes inside frequently, We live in a converted barn and the ranch slider is left open most of the day and she will just come inside and see whats happening lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by