overwhelmed with ducks

Thank you all well I've read a lot on here that has helped me but here's my story. I bought two Pekin ducks a couple months ago at rural king bc they were to big to sell so I got them for a dollar a piece.well I don't live on a farm so I had them outside in a chicken pen and unfortunately a raccoon got one of them. So I brought the surviving one in my house and nurse it cuz it had a little boo boo.I'm sure the duck is traumatize from witnessing its friend brutal attack but now she/he breathes loud when I try to feed it and pecks at me. I dont know if it is a boy or girl either,I think boy because the tail curls. My question is since I got two more baby ducks how can I get them to bond slowly once my babies grow some and will the bigger duck ever quit being mean to me lol

And can they all survive in my house if I keep it comfortable and clean for them

Hello Miranda, welcome to Backyard chickens! I prefer to use the ''See but don't touch'' method when integrating new birds into my flock, I included the article for you to read over. I know people do keep indoor house ducks. Though I think they would have much happier lives outside where they are meant to be. If you do keep them inside, I would invest in diapers for them, and I would use a cat door that opens out into a run with a spot for them to splash around in and be outside so they do not spend their whole life inside. Good luck with your little quackers!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/introducing-new-chickens-using-the-see-but-don-t-touch-method

Back
Top Bottom