OWIE! Is there a nurse in the house?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PineBurrowPeeps, May 11, 2009.

1. [​IMG] I stepped on a rusty nail outside, went right through my croc and into my foot. OW!

I am going tomorrow morning to get a Tetnus shot because I cannot remember the last time I had one.

I looked all over online but cannot find the answer to my question so I came over here hoping someone would know...

Where do they inject the Tetnus shot? [​IMG]
    PLEASE tell me it's not in the hiney... I HATE needles, I'm scared!

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    In your arm, u can take your pick as to which arm usually. Sorry to hear that for ya! [​IMG]

3. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    It has to be injected into the muscle so. You'll get it in the arm.

4. [​IMG] THANKS guys!

5. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    You're most welcome! If you have a favorite side you prefer to sleep on, choose to get the shot in the opposite arm since the shot may make the arm you get the shot in hurt for several days afterward. [​IMG]

6. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Your arm will prob be sore so don't have them do the shot in your dominate arm.

7. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    tetnus shots suck but are nothing compared to stepping on a rusty nail so no worries and they are defently better then getting lock jaw [​IMG]

8. Quote:That is GREAT advice! Left arm it is!

I remember the one and only time I got a flu shot, OUCH my arm was sore for like a week!

9. My husband has informed me that I stepped not on any nail, but on a SQUARE rusty nail!

My house was built in 1727. Who knows how old that nail is and we have been digging up land and landscaping so that's how it surfaced.

So, I seem to have colonial cooties in my foot [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Im4Eggcellence

Im4Eggcellence Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    NW Washington State
    Quote:Wow... an antique nail no less... there's got to be a better way for you to collect antiques! Sorry about the owie... been there done that... twice. Although I wasn't so classy...

I concur with advise for the shot, your arm will be a little sore afterwards, but it's no big deal. Or maybe you'd prefer the medical treatment that was around when that nail was made... leaches,,, yuck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by