Owl City

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Harli50, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Harli50

Harli50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Utah
    Anyone out there an owl city fan? And if your not you should look into them.

The one man band "Owl City" was first formed by Adam Young. Suffering from insomnia while working and loading Coca-Cola trucks in his hometown, Owatonna, Minnesota, Young turned to composing music. He began uploading songs recorded in his parents' basement to Myspace. Soon after he became famous he started composing more, and more music. And now he is a world wide musican.

I am a HUGE Owl City fan, I first found out about Owl City from one of my best friends, and now I am in love with the band. his music is mostly electronic dance music with uplifting lyrics (sometimes strange...example "Rugs From Me To You"), but its still amazing! [​IMG] I highly recomend this music ESPECIALLY if your having a bad day.

2. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Oh my gosh, another of you on here. I am in love with Owl City. [​IMG]
    He always manages to make everything sound so surreal. Have you heard "The technicolour phase"?

That's interesting to hear about how he started out.
    "Designer Skyline" is one of my favourites at the moment.
    His lyrics are some of the most random I've ever heard [​IMG]

3. Harli50

Jul 22, 2011
    Utah
    If i couldnt sleep i think id make some preety creepy things up too. i can just imagine it...its creepy :hmm
    and YES i love tehcnicolor phase!
    "galaxys" is my favorite song (as of 20 min ago) have you herd it?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I love Owl City. I am not a religious person, but Galaxies is also my favorite of their songs.

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I like Owl City. Some of my favorites are Fireflies, To the Sky, Vanilla Twilight, and Meteor Shower.

6. Harli50

Jul 22, 2011
    Utah
    not very religious either but the song is still beautiful [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I like Owl City too. I wouldn't call myself a huge fan, but his talent is remarkable.

When "Fireflies" was popular, it was a joke at work that it was my favorite song of all time. So of course I had to play the you-tube video over and over, on my desktop, to the dismay of the other people in the department. [​IMG]

Imp

8. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Quote:I have heard that one, but I honestly have to say I like some of the others better.
    "Swimming in Miami" is awesome. [​IMG]

Imp: [​IMG] One of my best friends hates Owl City. I give her grief about it. [​IMG]

9. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Im in a choir and we sang the fireflies song for a presentation night. lol <3

10. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Fireflies used to be my ultimate favourite song. I was obsessed. But that was before I searched Owl City on youtube and found a whole hoard of much better, lesser known songs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by