Owwww, who else has done this?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Funky Feathers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    THe other night it was dark, the light switch was far away, and I went downstairs to get something, and I stepped on my dog's hard, sharp bone (real bone) and tripped & fell! Owwwwch!! My heel is severely bruised and sore and still hurts pretty bad. Anyone else ever do that?

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    No, but today I noticed I left the chicken waterer unplugged and their water froze and I went walking out with slippers and a pan of hot water and it slopped and spilled on my foot leaving a massive burn. [​IMG] Does that count?

3. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Does stepping in fresh warm cat yak with bare toes count? And then being so grossed out you jump in the air and land on your butt?

If so, my husband did that in the middle of the night once. I fell out of bed laughing.

4. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    One day I stepped on my dog's rawhide, I went skating across the floor on it and almost fell! I feel your pain! I told the dogs I was going to punish them if they didn't pick up their toys! [​IMG]

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Quote:*grimacing b/c that is a familiar occurrence around here, and a disgusting one at that*
    Funny how they never leave said deposit in an out-of-the-way area, but it MUST be left in the main foot traffic area... [​IMG]

6. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:Nah, doesn't count. That's just a pain in the nose! (Unless his butt got hurt). [​IMG]

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Nope.. but my cat has tried to kill me several times. He thinks its a game when we walk down our stairs (to our bedroom), to run in front of us and cut us off...
    Fallen down them a couple of times and smacked my head good once (ER trip)..because of it. He did it to hubby too..and he needed 6 staples in his noggin...
    I SWEAR that cat is trying to kill us or something..... [​IMG]
    We really need to get a handrail on those steps ... [​IMG]

And yeah.. i've also stepped on dog bones in the night and cat yak too... (they like to yak beside my bed where i step out in the morning)...
    No injuries though.. [​IMG]

8. craftymama86

craftymama86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks everyone for the laugh. [​IMG]

I've never stepped in poo barefoot but I can imagine how gross that would be, and funny later down the road, lol. Be glad it wasn't face first....Any of yall seen Grown Ups? LOL. [​IMG]

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

OH YEAH... and lets not forget the legos and Barbie shoes while we're listing the devil's play toys shall we.

10. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    When I had cats and they would get into the trash, I would often step on bones and things they pulled out and carried away. Those little round bones from steaks and pork really were painful to step on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by