Oxford Maine Chickenstock August 13th 2011

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by hoppy, Aug 9, 2011.

1. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    updated as I was able to find the info needed:
    August 13th (Sat) 8am-2pm. Chickenstock in Oxford at the TSC Yard Sale items Welcome!

Oxford Tractor Supply Co. will be holding a "chickenstock...not just for chickens" , a livestock event where folks can bring all types of critters to sell, swap or trade. This seasons finale will have cart rides with mini-horses, and yard sale items. It will be running from 8 am - 2 pm.

Saturday August 13, 8 am -2 pm and yard sale items to buy or sell, free set up. It will be at the Oxford Tractor Supply co, Main st, in Oxford Maine. 207-743-7200. There will be a hot dog & hamburg vendor also.

as with all swaps, be sure your animals have water and shade if needed and chicks must be sold in lots of 6 if under 8 weeks (state law)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. Feather Lady

Feather Lady Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2011
    Auburn, Maine
    :

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  3. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I will be going to oxford too (just found out myself)

birds will be brought as space allows, so if you want something for sure, pm or email me or it may be left at home.
    I will be bringing (unless sold prior)

1 trio of black and black laced orpington chicks 10 weeks old. 2 chicks carry lavender gene. sell all or just pullets
    also have spare 14 week old lavender cockeral that could go with one split to lav pullet for $30/pair

wyandotte chicks 8+ weeks old- mostly pullets left. these are black, white, blue (sold) and splash colored $12 each
    1 almost white wyandotte, pale ghost lacing- thought pullet, now unsure.

8 month old fancy pants silkie rooster- rare calico color, big sturdy bird, not mean, can be handled easily $15

one 3-4 month silkie cockeral, black with red highlights. $10

hatching eggs from sizzle and silkies (silkie dad, sizzle and silkie mom's)
    pictures of all of these are on the maine thread.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1370&p=105
    post number 1049

there, I updated everyones ages and who is sold.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  4. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Yippie, it will be fun to see you Hoppy! I have RIR cockerels, a black cockerel FREEEEEEE!!!! But I hope I'll be trading 2 RIR pullets for 2 top hats. Way cool. There are yard sales at this event. Also those Mini-Horses for cart rides. Its tomorrow!!

5. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I updated the top post with info. should be a fun day

6. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    back from the swap, really good turnout, lots of vendors and buyers.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

It was fun, few minor irritations!!!! If anyone would like to take over doing the Oxford TSC swaps, I'd love it. I could still continue with bringing info and stuff. Let me know and I'd be more then happy to supply the sign etc!

8. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Hi, I registered on the Northern New England Bird Fanciers site from the link you have in your signature line. Is it just started? Looks like there are only 2 members and there is nothing on any of the pages...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by