1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Oxford, Maine Chickenstock- Tractor Supply Co 5/30/09 9am-3pm

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by spook, Mar 11, 2009.

1. spook

spook Songster

Ok guys, I said that we would have a gathering at the Tractor Supply Co in Oxford, Maine when it came. They built it, now...Will you come?

I am looking at Saturday May 30, 2009- I give TSC the good news that we've committed to a date! This is going to be neat, its next door to the Oxford Walmart (one business in between), they have a Dunkin Donuts, in about 11/2 miles Pizza Hut, Ocean Pearl, Subway, and further up is McDonalds, Burger King and all that. Plus a row of beautiful pine trees for shade if we need it.

The full buzz is the Milford, NH crew and when I mentioned it a few days ago, they wanted to know how to get one here in this area- so here we go! Lets show them how its done, in style!!!
    Please, this is the beginning and I want to hear what you'd like to see! All critters are invited, crafters- just bring your own tables and stuff!

I spoke to a few customers while I was in there and they seemed so excited! I'm so glad, its good to see the area intersted. Now, Craigs List, how do I do that?

~Kel

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009

2. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    ok, you tell me this is a go, and i or you can post on craigslist in maine and uncle henrys and local feed stores for that area and around from now until the swap date, i will put it in the newsletter, you can also post on the yahoo groups for maine and try nh also. i will do what i can to get it going for you,

3. spook

spook Songster

I told the folks at TSC left my phone number to confirm, but I'll take a side trip down to double check. I'll email you later today! Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

4. verthandi

verthandi Songster

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Spook is that the same weekend as the Windsor Poultry show? I remember it is around Memorial Day.

5. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i believe windsor is the 24th,
    there you are , i have been trying to get someone from the maine, litchfield swap to work on one for this yr.

6. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    the only thing i worry about with this date is people being away, but it looks like the memorial weekend is the one before??? i am not sure?

7. spook

spook Songster

Yes, the weekend before is Memorial. I am making up a poster to take in today and will validate it with them.

8. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    great, i put an add on uncle henrys asking about interest, although i am not so worried about it.
    may need to set up the camper at your house that weekend though!! LOL( ONLY KIDDING)

9. verthandi

verthandi Songster

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:I can help but won't be able to do a full day at one. Farm chores take too long to get away for a whole day unless it is a dire family emergency. BTW..my blue splash chick that I got from you at the last Chickenstock is so beautiful and quite the charactor.

10. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    did it turn roo or pullet??

didnt need you to do much except find the location, how far is oxford from litchfield? hm, see i dont know maine at all. if it is close than we should think of another area

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by