Oxford, Maine Chickenstock- Tractor Supply Co 5/30/09 9am-3pm

Greetings fellow New Englanders, I have a gentleman that would like to have 5 ish new laying hens. Basically not old end stage hens!

Leave a message if you have any.

smile.png
I don't know yet if I'll be able to attend because we'll be opening our campground that week. Anyone bringing silkies/showgirls or their hatching eggs? I live only about 20 minutes away from Oxford.

Last edited:
Join in, any questions you may have Chickn is a great one to tell you the real ins and outs.
We tried the food thing, raffles for grains, bags, and items that people donated and worked hard for and its just not that type of an event.
This is where the hobby farmer, suburb types and the loggers and poop booted farmers! lol!!!
We all want to talk chicken, how they enhance your life and egg colors, sizes etc.
At a fair with the Poultry Club, we had a basket and when someone would lay an egg, we would write which one it was so that people had an idea on who did what size and color.
I thought it was a neat idea .
Well, you take care and feel free to join in and chatter away with us!
I guess that is where TSC are the best as they encourage community, leisurely pace and the people are nice. I have posted signs and have gotten good responses and I've been by some stores and they placed them in the door to their stores! To me, that is an honor!!!
Have a great day!

Spook -

What color Himalayan?

I'll definitely keep reading and asking questions!

I wonder if Fleet Farm would consider doing something like this if I decide not to hold it on the Re-homing Ranch.

Quote:
lease keep up with all the threads on our swaps, there is a wealth of information and ideas.
welcome to the wonderfull world of chicken swaps!

The Himalayan that I have for a avatar is a seal point- spoiled rotten.
I don't know anything more then that.

9241_100_4381.jpg

This is a good pic showing off her disposition!
9241_fancynov08.jpg

This is our other baby Teddy, 13 years old this past month! His mother was a blue point Siamese and daddy was a seal point Himalayan.
9241_100_4629.jpg

Neither of these cats were bought, Teddy came to us as a Mixed up pure bred that was a "give away".
Fancy came by way of someone was going to put her down because of her traits of bossy, independent and apparently did not like her owners. Everything they told us she wasn't or wouldn't do, she does.

I agree with Gypsy that the other Chickenstock's on this forum. There really is no exact rules, if all else fails, find town or community property, making sure its OK to do such a thing and put up flyer's on bulletin boards and call some of the local folks that sell and make things, you will be surprised how it will grow. Ask the ladies from Milford, NH! They began there at the TSC- in which most grain stores are pleased to help out- it means $ for them, enjoyment for us.
If you have one, don't judge that first one, offer a time in the fall and a phone or email address - we often direct people to this site for their own knowledge and information! (And if someone gets to a swap or event, more power to them, less work on your part!!!)
Good luck planning!

Back
Top Bottom