Oxine AH baby chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jubahn, May 8, 2018.

1. jubahn

jubahn Chirping

Dec 6, 2015
    Hope you are doing good!

I have been using Oxine AH with very good results, the chickens are not getting sick that much and its because I live in Honduras and in a remote area where water comes directly from a river without any cleaning or filtering, so Oxine has been very good for me for my chickens. Been using 0.6ml / gallon. With his I use to put water in the incubator and clean all my things of incubator, feeders and waterer.

Now I am worried about my chicks, at what age can I give them Oxine AH on the same ratio I give my chickens?

And this is a off topic but can I give my dogs/cats the same 0.6ml/gallon? This way I can just put it in the house water tank?

Thanks for all the help in advance, God bless.

Jubahn

2. trudyg

trudyg Songster

Jun 3, 2013
    North Alabama
    I've only used Oxine for disinfecting and in a vaporizer for respiratory ailment. I didn't know you could use it in water and drink it, but it makes sense. You might ask the maker of Oxine, go to their website and use the 'contact us' form.

3. jubahn

jubahn Chirping

Dec 6, 2015
    I've sent them a message, hope they come back to me, I was wondering on knowing if anybody has used it on Chicks already :), thanks!!

Jubahn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: