Oxine

Eddie12109

🌼🐓🐓⚽️
Nov 14, 2020
Hi all,
I was wondering if the oxine I bought is activated or not. I will attach a picture. I need to nebulize one of my hens and I obviously don’t want to kill her which it will if it is activated.... can someone help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 16
It was my understanding that you had to add a different chemical to the oxine to activate it. When I bought mine I bought it not activated and didn’t buy the stuff to activate it. For the same reason you state.

Oxine AH is activated by adding citric acid before dilution. It does not come activated in the bottle. It is correct that birds should not be exposed to activated oxine.

Last edited:
It was my understanding that you had to add a different chemical to the oxine to activate it. When I bought mine I bought it not activated and didn’t buy the stuff to activate it. For the same reason you state.
When you bought it was it specifically saying it was inactivated? Because I can’t find it anywhere on it but yes my understanding is you can’t buy it activated... just wanted to make sure. Did you use the same bottle as I am?
Also since you did do this before did you use 6.5 oz to a gal and do it three times a day for ten minutes? Did it work for your hen

Ok so a little update:
The first day I only gave her one 15 minute session
The second day she got two 15 minute sessions
For the past three days she has gotten the full three 15 minute sessions each day
Today she is only getting one
I feel like she is getting worse, is this possible?

Back
Top Bottom