oxytetracycline dosage when injected

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chicknpappy, Feb 13, 2011.

1. chicknpappy

chicknpappy New Egg

Dec 16, 2010
    Hi all i was wondering what the dosage is for oxytet when it is injected. thank you

2. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    HI I AM USING A INSULIN SYRINGE; FOR A LARGE FOWL .1 1/2 oml OR ONE AND ONE HALF LINE MARKED ON SYRINGE. i HAVE A BANTAM AND HE GETS ONE LINE/ .1 oml. YOU CAN ALSO GIVE TYLAN 50 ORALLY AS WELL. MY GUY GETS 7 DAYS ORAL .1oml and will be getting injections for three days. hope this helps. Also pedityle water 24/7 and a warm quiet "sick room" away from everyone else.. hope your birdie gets better fast.

3. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    I am going to up-date this thread... I just learned that you can give OXYTET Injections for 4 days total. I will do my OEGB for those 4 days. Today was the 3rd injection, he is not sneezing anymore, but he has a tiny bit of crackles in his lungs yet. He will still get Tylan 50 orally for 7 days. Because this is his second round of antibiotics I am taking no chances. He is eating/drinking alot and is very frisky. I hope this info helps someone one day who goes thru this ;"my chicken has a cold" thing.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by