Oy, what on EARTH?...

Moselle

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Ok, so I sketched out (on graph paper) the chicken coop plans and went over them with dh. I purposely designed the henhouse and run to be easily divided by standard sizes of plywood. By my calculations, we need 4 8X4 sheets of plywood. He bought 7! For some reason, he thinks we need 5 sheets of plywood for the henhouse and 2 whole sheets of plywood FOR THE NEST BOXES!!!:eek: Oh my word! I am NOT getting giant mutant alien chickens!
big_smile.png

I even drew out the nest box which is a fairly simple 2-story thing - overall12"W x 14"D x 28"H. 2 sheets of plywood? And he got a bit snippy when I questioned (very nicely, I might add) his quantities. "I figured this all out last night. We need that much!"
roll.png

I am truly blessed to have a dh who will agree wholeheartedly to having chickens and building their coop. He is a good husband and father. Perhaps I should wait until tomorrow to go over the plans again?

If you have drawn it all out the way you want-just let him build it. In my experience it is the easiest way to figure out who is right on quanities needed. Sometimes I'm right and sometimes DH is right.

So, he has leftovers to use to make things bigger or he is planning something a little bigger for you. I say, "Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Get to work, Honey. Need a glass of tea? "

My hubby grew up in the city and remodels hotels. I asked him to build me a new chicken coop this spring, the plan he came up with had designer wood floors(he said for easy clean up) double pane windows(he said they are the best), spray foam insulation and a wood burner for comfort.
lau.gif

I learned a long time ago, if I want it my way, I will have to do it myself. That's just too much work. Now if I ask DH to do something, I let him do it his way. It gets done. I am free of many burdens . And I just praise him up and down when he's done.

Yes, maybe we can build them a summer home with a covered balcony and a lovely gazebo. I may want to move in with them!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom