Ozark Mountain Man

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by boredcertified, Sep 2, 2009.

1. boredcertified

boredcertified New Egg

Sep 2, 2009
    Hello all!
    I am getting ready to start my adventure into the world of backyard farming.
    I have always had container gardens as an adult, and as a child was raised on and around large farms in MN and WI.
    I am pretty good with animals as a rule (I am sure this cannnot hurt) But other than that have little experience being in close quarters to or "keeping" aviators (birds????)
    Any "nu_b" advice will be most happily taken for serious consideration.
    I am an old forum head so I know how all of this works. Am going to start readingf through FAQs and the likes.
    My situation....
    It is me and my wife, new son, three large breed dogs, a rat and a chinchilla as we sit now I live on a northern facing slope and have plenty room and grass for chickens to hang out and enjoy their time here. I am thinking 8-15 birds (Rooster included) to sustain eggs (and the occasional chicken dinner) for the three of us and possibly some extra eggs for the family [​IMG]
    BC

2. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

3. boredcertified

boredcertified New Egg

Sep 2, 2009
    Very cool ..... a local sandbox buddy..... hopefully you can maybe help me along my way?
    Arik

4. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    [​IMG] rom washington state!
    I just got my backyard flock a few months ago, I love them! and I love the idea of being a bit more self-sufficient.

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] from Texas!

6. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI. Love the name....boredcertified.....[​IMG]

7. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Welcome Arik [​IMG] glad you joined us. Smart one ...read all the FAQ'S, that will give you a head start.

8. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Brad83

Brad83 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2009
    Bartow, FL
    [​IMG] from Florida! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by