Ozark Mountains

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by glennscheer, Dec 1, 2016.

1. glennscheer

glennscheer Just Hatched

Dec 1, 2016
    Seligman, MO.
    I am a 71-year-old retired radio/TV announcer and horse-trainer. Today, my Domestic Goose is hard-setting for the first day, and that is the basic reason I joined today. I have 24 laying hens, a rooster, 5 duck hens, a drake, two geese, and a very good dog. (A good dog is one that is not interested in poultry for lunch.) The birds give me an average of 8 eggs a day, and as many as 13, between the chickens and the ducks. I live in the Ozark Mountain area on three acres. I look forward to learning from people who are smarter than I, and sharing what I can. To extend an earlier ask question, will Georgette accept the ducklings that hatch as her goslings hatch? Thank you for the opportunity to share. Oh, a final thought: Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, glennscheer, and :welcome! Great to have you in our community! You sure live in a beautiful part of the country - I don't get down your way nearly as often as I'd like. I see you've already posted in the Geese Forum so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! And Merry Christmas to you! :)

3. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You have a nice assortment of poultry! And a good dog is a good thing to have when you have birds around [​IMG]

The members that hang out on the goose and duck forums could probably answer your question:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/66/other-backyard-poultry

Thanks for joining us and Merry Christmas to you as well!

4. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Welcome to BYC!!!

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If she is a good broody, I think she would accept the duck eggs. Geese usually have quite a number of hatchings and a high percentage live because they are so fiercely protective

of their brood -- ducks are not, and loose a large number.- they are much safer with a goose mama.. Since they are all waterfowl, I don't seen any complications . [​IMG]

9. glennscheer

glennscheer Just Hatched

Dec 1, 2016
    Seligman, MO.
    That was my opinion. However, to have one's opinion verified is always good. Thanks.

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here. Enjoy BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by