P.O. lost eggs!! anyone have this happen?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by marie_martin, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I sent eggs to someone and they never arrived. I have delivery conf. on it but they can't tell me where it is. The guy I sent them to demanded arefund after talking to the po folks and them telling him they never rec'd them. Why would I print postage online and then not mail them? If I were goung to pretend to mail them, I would save my money! I just refunded his money because he was so unhappy and I honestly did not know what else to do. I have to work and do not have time to stay on the phone all day with the stupid po. Anyone have this happen?

Marie

2. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    I think a lot of problems are going around lately at the po. We only got the label and not our movie from netflix. So I suppose we will now have to buy it. Too bad about the eggs.

3. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

I sent a batch of eggs to shay20 twice, the first time I sent them Out I didn't get a confirmation number, a week later she had not recieved the eggs so I called my PO they had no idea, she called her PO they had no idea. The nest day she got them They had overnighted them from MY PO the day I called!!! They had kept them there a week then sent them out..

The second time I got a confirmation number. The 2nd day they arrived, but not at her house. They sent them to someone else same state different city. I called the PO in the city they was delivered at and the lady remembered them and said that they had came back and she sent them back out, Luckily she got them the next day.

4. eminator

eminator Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Pomona, CA
    The PO just this week lost my rooster (imagine that!). He was supposed to be delivered by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, and he showed up at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday. At least he survived the trip...

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    NO MAAM CANT SAY THEY HAVE EVER LOST ANY OF MY SHIPMENTS. BUT I HAVE RECEIVED A FEW I WISH THEY HAD LOST--- THE AFTERMATH WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN HERE! EMPTY NEST SENT ME SOME DANVER EGGS JUST THE OTHER WEEK--- LOOKS LIKE THEY WERE USING THE BOX FOR A RUGBY BALL BEFORE THEY DELIVERED THE BOX HERE.

6. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    I'm getting worried. Not really sure on what time frame I should be looking at for eggs that shipped Monday. The tracking site is useless as well. Still giving me the same response about Shipping info received. Hubby went to go check at the PO again just now. Have my fingers crossed. Sent him with the tracking number too so he can try and find out from them where they are if they aren't there.
    [​IMG]

7. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Someone from BYC shipped eggs to me eggs this past Monday. They still aren't here! Who knows where they are. Or if they're still in one piece.

-Cindy in MA

8. nikevijo

nikevijo HorseAholic

Apr 20, 2007
    Long Island NY
    Same problem here too!! Eggs shipped Monday, not here yet. Never had this happen before

9. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, its so hard to believe this, but it not that I don't believe you either.
    I asked for a shipping number to check where the eggs I ordered were, and the kind folks that sent the eggs said 'we usually see them delivered before you can see online'. I wanted to say- yeah, and you don't know me, I should be named murphy.
    And the eggs actually showed up, decent packaging and all just after the notice saying they made it to my home town (the post man drove it) So it was neat.
    But the Mail is such bunch of over paid numb nuts at times. Not everyone- so far so good, but I feel so bad for all of you. I hope someone can get to the bottom of this or...contact you representative/senator to get to the bottom of some of these "mistakes".

10. Blueroo63

Blueroo63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    same with me I sent someone a box to ship me babies and when the OP did'nt get it to them at all they went ahaed a sold them which I understand ,but know there out there saying I'm welched on them .and I just feel owful I've never welched on anyone on
    purpise,the OP does mess up more then we all think they do.I ordor eggs that never showed up,broken to bits it happens [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by