1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

P.O. Stood by their Guarantee

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BamaChicken, Apr 29, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    I mailed chicks via express mail on the 21st. The P.O. said they gauranteed them to arrive by noon the following day. I had no idea they would pay up if they didn't arrive on time. Well the chicks didn't make it until the 23rd about 8 AM. I went to P.O. and ask them and they kindly let me fill out a short form and gave me back the shipping money. So my advice is if your mailing express and it doesnt' get there by specified time on the receipt take it back in and get your money back.

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I got a refund last week for a late delivery on an Express package too. The funny thing is I sent eggs and live birds to the same person. The eggs got there in 2 days via Priority and the birds got there in 3 days via Express. Makes you wonder how they plan their shipping strategies. [​IMG] But they did gladly refund the Express shipping cost.

Jody

3. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    At least they guarantee Express. I was just pleased my chicks were late and survived as they were day olds and then that it was an easy process to get the shipping refund.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by