PA are there actions/swaps

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by AtRendeAcres, Nov 14, 2007.

1. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Are ther any actions in Western PA? [​IMG]

2. muddler6

muddler6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    I have the same question as Rchicks, any swaps or auctions? If not are there enough of us to get one started?

3. palabeco

palabeco Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    S.W. PA
    Washington county has a farm auction in Eighty Four, they sell everything from farm equipment and tools to poultry ,ducks, rabbits and livestock: cows, horses, and goats. I bought a crate of mixed hens for $2.50 ea. (9 to 10 per crate). I forget what day they have it , but its every week.

4. Buttercup

Buttercup New Egg

Dec 8, 2007
    PA
    Is there anything in EASTERN PA? besides the auctions where you generally just get someone's cast offs. A swap meet? Or shows?

5. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    Quote:If you ever remember what day they are can you tell us?
    and the place exactly?

6. buckbeak

buckbeak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Morgantown, PA
    Is anyone going to the PA farm show in Harrisburg next weekend?

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:I hope too, love looking at all the chickens, not to mention getting fat on the food! [​IMG]

8. buckbeak

buckbeak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Morgantown, PA
    When are you going? I think as of now we're heading there on Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to the chickens and the food too!!
    Carol

9. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    I "might" go on Saturday (5th) morning too. If I do I'll be there at 8 am to watch some draft horse judging and then head on over to the poultry building. I guess the judging there begins at 9 am. I'll just be walking around drooling over the different breeds of chickens. If I DO go, I'll have my BYC tee shirt on over a sweater or two.

Anyone else going?

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I was kind of thinking Sunday, don't want to go the day of the rodeo, way too many people there then. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by