1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PA *Fall* Chickenstock **Vote on Date, Please!**

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Hope0491, May 10, 2007.

1. Hope0491

Hope0491 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    Hey Everyone!!

I made a post on the other forum... but since some of you stay here, go back and forth, etc., I thought I would make a post over here as well! [​IMG] My parents and I are offering to hold a Fall Chickenstock at our home.

I just need a list of people who would be interested in coming, what type of food you guys would like, etc. I want to start really early on this since over the summer I won't have much time and I also want to have everything ready about a month before hand so we are not scrounging for everything at the last minute... haha...

***Vote, Please!! Sept. 8th or Oct. 6th??? [​IMG]***

My Zip is: 17368

Thanks Ya'll!! [​IMG]
    ~Lacey

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Hi! I'm only a couple of hours away near Harpers Ferry WV.
    I'd be interested in coming!
    As far as planning food goes, just have everyone bring a covered dish and have a potluck, it's a lot easier that way!!
    Keep me posted and I will check back on this thread to see how this develops!
    I'm organizing one in Harpers Ferry for next month, so I would be happy to help you in any way if I can!
    [​IMG]

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Where in pa are you? I might be interested in coming.

4. Hope0491

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    Quote:Thanks so much!! [​IMG]
    That'd be great if you could help out!! Since this is going to be my first time. Good idea on the food... the easier the better!!

Good luck with yours next month!! [​IMG]

I'm in Wrightsville... between York and Lancaster. About 45 mins from Harrisburg.

Thanks!!
    ~Lacey

5. Azulegg

Azulegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    south central PA
    Have you set a date yet?

6. mudhen

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    I don't think a date's been set yet, I hope enough folks get some interest going and set one soon so I can block it off my schedule. It gets pretty busy in the studio around then.

BTW Lacey, I'm no expert on Chickenstocks, I'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants on the one in Harpers Ferry. One thing I can say it the 'toughest' thing is to find and book a park. I think I did OK, but it is a tiny park.
    The rest of it is a breeze, cuz everyone coming is really coming for the fun and camraderie and chicken talk!! [​IMG]

7. Hope0491

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    haha.. Nope, no date set yet. Hopefully soon though!! Any sugg.'s on a date? I can't do it the beg. of August.

hahaha... That's funny... it's all good. Whatever help you can give is just great! haha...

I decided to have it at our house... 'cause we have 17 acre's... so I didn't see a need to book a park when we have the room here. I hope that's o.k with ya'll... [​IMG]

Thanks!
    ~Lacey

8. mudhen

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    That's perfect! I think most Chickenstocks are held in peoples backyards! [​IMG]
    (The only reason we're having the one I'm putting together in Harpers Ferry instead of at my place is that most everyone wanted to be close enough to visit that town, and my place is like 10 miles away!)
    I'm only open Sept 8 and Oct 6 and 13, so I hope it lands on one of those dates.

9. Hope0491

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    WOOT!! Sounds Wonderful!! [​IMG]

Let's take a vote!! [​IMG]

O.k... Option #1 is having it on Sept. 8th. Option #2 is having it on Oct. 6th.

Which one works better for everyone??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

~Lacey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by