1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PA Farm Show Poultry Show

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by austincoopersilkiesies, Jul 11, 2011.

1. austincoopersilkiesies

austincoopersilkiesies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    So I Was Wondering If Anyone Knew How To Sign Up For The Poultry Show At The PA Farm Show 2012?Can You Do It Online? Do They Have An Age Restriction Because By Then My Chicks Will Be 8 Months Old [​IMG] And Do They Have A Sale Lot Or Class? I Know It Is awhilie Away But I Want To Be Prepared. And If Your Gonna Be There Cant Wait To See You If I Figure Out How To Sign Up!![​IMG]

2. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
  3. austincoopersilkiesies

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    Thanks And Would Anyone Happen To Know How To Tell If A 3 Week Old Silkie Is Bearded Or not?
    [​IMG]

4. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I can't help much with that one. I'm new to Silkies, mine are only 9 days old. Try the Silkie thread. If they are bearded, they will have a clump of feathers, like a beard on their neck and will also have muffs on each side of their head. What I don't know is if at 3 weeks they have enough feathering in to tell. Can you post a picture?

5. austincoopersilkiesies

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    I Will Try They Are Almost 4 Weeks And They Lost Almost All Thier Down And Are So Cute!!![​IMG]

6. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Hey austincoopersilkiesies
    When is the next show and If you figure out how to sign up for it can you let me know?

7. austincoopersilkiesies

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    Hey Silkiemomma2010
    Its This Janurary And Of Course! Do You Have Silkies?

8. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Yup!! I have 4 at the moment!! [​IMG]
    Their all babies right now though but by Jan. they'll be big enough to take!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. austincoopersilkiesies

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    I Cant Wait to find out and show them mine are about 4 weeks now 1 Black Roo and A Black Hen A Partridge Hen And Three Polish Hens and 2 buff barhma hens!!!!!

10. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I have one 1 week old grey, 1 6 week old grey (I believe hen), 1 6 week old Partridge (I believe hen) and 1 6-8 week old white (I believe roo!)
    An then I have 2 Mille Fleur d'Uccles a hen and a roo!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by