PA/oh/wv Fall chicken stock- change in venue allegh. cty north park

equine chick

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 9, 2007
Volant Pa Lawrence County
Since we decided to have two chicken stocks, one in may and one in the fall. I thought I post this so we can get things moving. I thought mid september to october would be good. Morraine is in western pa in butler county. Any people from ohio, wv wanting to come are welcome. It is within an hour from both state lines. There are over 16,000 acres and some great shelters we could rent that could accomodate up to 144 people or more. I was thinking sept 13 or 20th it is still warm and we will have a covered shelter. There are lots to do here in the park for our families that are non chicken people such as fishing, boating, horseback riding ect.
I'm going to see if we can intice a well known apa judge in the area to come. He is a wealth of information and maybe he can give a seminar and bring some of his chicks to the event.
Post here if interested and give me your head count so we can judge which shelter and picnic area to rent. As soon as we decide on a date and get a head count I will rent the shelter area. They don't open til april 15th so that will be our deadline. They are booked pretty fast so we need to move on this.
Here is a link to the park
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/moraine.aspx

Last edited:
wee.gif

We love Moraine!! For a few years as a child, we lived within 1 1/4 of Lake Arthur, which is the lake in Moraine State Park. Their picnic and pavillion areas are wonderful, and clean.

Put me down as a definite yes. It'll just be me. Counting on the calendar, it will be my husband's weekend to work, so I'll drop the kids at my Mom's and have a day to myself with a bunch of chicken people!!

Mid-September should have the Fall leaves pretty, too.
What fun!
Em
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

I'm going to try my best to come! I don't know on head count just yet - but there will be at least 3 people coming... up to 6 or 7.

It's 4 1/2 hours from me.... but, it should be a fun drive!!!
big_smile.png

~Lacey

an hour and 38 min away for this one, yeah!! yep we can come to this one. i should be bringing 7 of us unless i find a baby sitter for my 2 youngest but may have a few friends who will want to come also in another car since they raise poultry also. we have taken one of them with us before to a previous cs.
silkie

Back
Top Bottom