PA suburbs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by slackjawedyokel, Nov 22, 2016.

1. slackjawedyokel

slackjawedyokel New Egg

Nov 22, 2016
    Hi all! My name is Rob. I've been reading this site for a long time and finally signed up. We currently raise 4 laying hens in the Philadelphia suburbs. Chickens are not allowed where we live, so I had to jump through several expensive hoops in order to have our girls. Everything passed and we keep a chicken tractor moving around the yard. This is our second go around raising chickens, having raised a few hens several years ago at an old farm we rented. When we bought our house, we knew the girls couldn't come along. After a few years though, I started all the BS and paperwork to get them again. So this past spring we picked up chicks and my son got to raise them all up. Great fun!

2. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
  3. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Rob, congratulations on working things through so you could have a flock again!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Hi Rob, Seen the PA ! Im from Berks

Welcome to BYC, glad you did the work to get your flock! congrats on that!

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under slackjawedyokel [​IMG] Welcome!

How wonderful that your hoop jumping paid off and kudos on your determination [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Rob, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard! Best wishes to you and your flock! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by