Pacific Northwest raw diet dog owners

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cargo, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Cargo

Cargo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Farmington, NM
    Seems like some folks think feeding raw is expensive.
    Just thought I would share where I get food for my dogs.
    http://www.beefforpets.com
    Doug lives about 30 min away from me. Great guy.
    My two dogs have been eating beef from Doug for over a year.

2. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    I've been looking into making home-cooked meals for my dogs. I don't think raw would go over so well though, I offered some fresh deer scraps and some heart chunks. My girl chowed on the scraps, chewed a few bits of heart then spit them out. Going to either bake or fry them up and try again, she's such a nerd for cooked food.

I'm looking more into buying and buchering my own meat though. 300-600 (almost 700!) pound steers are going for 25-50 cents a pound right now. Just have to sweet talk my dad into it and get the hard cash to buy one. Maybe if I offer him the prime cuts? [​IMG]

3. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Cooking kills the enzymes in the meat so you are defeating the purpose. They just have to adjust to a different diet. It may take a bit of time but hunger is a wonderful motivator. You need to find a published diet plan to feed the dogs. They need balanced nutrients and just giving them raw meat is not balanced.
    sharon

4. BlackBart

BlackBart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Quote:Wow thats a great source for beef. Your lucky to have a source so close.

Feeding raw is not expensive if you know the right people (Hunters, Butchers) or the right place to shop.

There are several stores where I live, dedicated to raw animal feed. Bison, lamb, chicken, beef, goat, fish. Either ground up with veggies, organ meats or au-natural. All organic.
    My dogs love the lamb neck steaks and chicken feet.
    Mine have been eating raw since they were pups.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by