Pacific Poultry Breeder's Association Show Thread - Feb. 3-5 2017 - Modesto, California

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by QueenMisha, Dec 11, 2016.

1. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

OK, so it's still only December, but I'm already excited for one of my favorite yearly poultry events - the PPBA winter show in Modesto! Last year was my third year going and it was an absolute blast - I purchased some wonderful birds, spoke to some great poultrypeople, and of course got a chance to meet some of our own wonderful members at the BYC meetup. This year I'm bringing a few of my own birds and hope to make it even better than last year!

I'm starting this thread for everybody who's going or would like to go to talk about this fantastic event - please chime in, even if you're only just now hearing of it! Who else is gonna be there? Will you be bringing birds? Selling or showing? Just looking around? And would anybody else LOVE to do another BYC meet up?

[​IMG]
    (poster from official PPBA website)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    3 people like this.
  2. h2oratt

h2oratt Chicken Obsessed

May 3, 2015
    Morada, california
    I am disappointed I will miss it this year. I made plans to go up to Seattle.
    What kind of birds did you buy last year?

3. Honora

Honora Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    I am planning to go this year. Missed it last year but I went the year before and had a great time looking at all the gorgeous birds.

4. prizepete

prizepete Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2015
    I am probably going. If I go I am selling 2 birds, and showing some. I will probably end up buying something...

5. Magnolia7330

Magnolia7330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2016
    Northern California
    I don't have birds yet, but this looks like fun.

6. QueenMisha

Aw! We'll miss you being there. Lol, trying to remember. I got a male Fantail pigeon, a Ko Shamo cockerel, a Bantam Cochin pullet, a Mille Fleur d'Uccle... I think something else but wouldn't you know it I can't remember.

Yay! The more the merrier.

I keep telling myself I don't NEED more birds but... who am I kidding, I'm gonna end up coming home with something no matter what. My girlfriend has made me promise I won't buy more than three birds... probably a good thing she's coming along this year or I might go crazy and buy a lot more than that.

If you don't have birds, even more reason to come along! You will get a chance to see a lot of breeds in person and even chat with some of the best in the hobby. Plus, if you have a coop and run set up by then, you may even be able to start your flock if you see any birds which catch your eye!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  7. prizepete

Mar 3, 2015

Do you remember what was there sale wise? I am trying to keep breeds to a minimum right now...

8. QueenMisha

I know a lot of the best birds sold out real early. I got there at 9:30AM last year and some people had been out of the nice birds (good hens and banties, anything good and cheap) for about an hour... anyways I saw plenty of Seramas, some Ko Shamo, TONS of Call Ducks, a few turkeys, a few geese, lots of OEGBs, banty Cochins, some Silkies, a few bantam mixes... hmm lots of Standard White Cornish, a few dark Cornish, some Australorps, Marans, a few Polish. Some Fantail pigeons. Pretty nice assortment, probably 125 or so birds for sale maybe 150.

9. prizepete

Mar 3, 2015

Thats a pretty good assortment. Ive been to a few serama shows and there is always a fair amount of sales so that doesnt suprise me

10. h2oratt

h2oratt Chicken Obsessed

May 3, 2015
    Morada, california
    I wish I could go. Last year I didn't have a clue, so I didn't buy anything.

This year I actually got my quarantine pen set up. Oh well. Still trying to figure out what I like.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by