Package Thifes stole my ducklings food! - TrailCam recommendation needed!

WannaBeHillBilly

Addict
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
My Coop
Hi Friends,

today a package with two bags of ducklings starter food for my Spring Ducklings was »delivered« to my driveway. - Thank you lazy UPS driver! By the time i came back home the package had been stolen. UPS is not reimbursing anything, they claim their driver had delivered the package to my back porch, so it is his word against mine… It is not the first time that packages were delivered by lazy FedEx- or UPS-drivers to the bottom of our driveway instead to our house, so i am very sure what happened today.
In order to catch the delivery drivers as well as package thiefs i like to install a trail camera at the delivery driver's famous spot, a large rock just off the driveway, but after looking in the internet for "trail camera" on Amazon and eBay i am more confused than before!
The location has no electricity, no cell phone coverage and my Wifi has a blind spot there, so it should be a battery operated camera, storing the images on a memory card.
Has anybody done this before and can recommend a camera?
Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Instead of a camera, have you seen the glitter bombs for package thiefs?

Still get a cam if you want, bit the glitter had me :gig :lau :th
Yes, that video is hilarious! I love the part where the package sprays fart-spray every 30 seconds! - Unfortunately i am not an ex-Nasa engineer and i cannot spend several hundred bucks for such a prank - i wish i could! For now i am collecting pee in a Tide bottle…

Something like this...

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/herters-12mp-game-camera

I feel like if you search a sporting goods website, and then sort your list with the cheapest first, the cheapest trail cams tend to be the ones that just take stills and save to a memory card without any networking or live streaming options that may require electricity or internet.

I don’t have any advice on a camera but I’ve often thought about getting one when I suspect my barn has an uninvited guest.

As a thought to get around this you could have packages delivered for pickup rather than delivery? My UPS pickup point is open after work and isn’t that inconvenient (I use this when I have wine being delivered which requires my signature). Could be a UPS store, hub, or a business. I’ve also had packages delivered at work. Now that UPS uses contractors for delivery I suspect the reliability of delivery isn’t what it used to be. They used to be well paid but not any more.

Good luck nabbing the perp. Have you contacted the cops? Maybe a sting operation is in order????

I ordered a new camera last week but the wrong camera was delivered. I sent it back and am waiting for the camera I originally ordered. It is supposed to be here tomorrow. I hope this time it is the camera I ordered. All of the specs are the same as the camera I posted above but at a cheaper price. I'll set it up as soon as I get it if it is the correct camera and post some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom