Packaging Eggs - Question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jettgirl24, May 16, 2011.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    Hey all,

I'm shipping some of my eggs for the first time. I've read several packaging threads and I'm confident that my eggs are about as well wrapped/protected as one can possibly get them. I've got the eggs packed tight in the carton with shredded paper, then the carton is in a bag with shredded paper surrounding it, then it's wrapped in 2 or 3 layers of bubble wrap.

My question is about box size... So I have a large box (14 x 20 x 14 or so)that I can put them in and pack them tight with shredded paper. I also have the large priority box from USPS - it's 12 x 12 x 5 1/2. The carton (as wrapped above) fits in this one diagonally but with the layers of bubble wrap + the shredded paper inside of the bubble wrap it's quite tight. Is that a good this or a bad thing? The carton is definitely not going to move around in the box and I will pack more shredded paper as tightly as possible around the rest of it.

Opinions - should I use the big box or the priority box?

2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    for just one egg carton the priority box should be large enough. Preventing shifting and breaking are the too keys to successful shipping and it sounds like you've got that covered.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by