Packed my Incubators away..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rufflemyfeathers, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    After incubation eggs since November I have packed my incubators away..Last of my chickies are in brookers in extra bedroom and I will be so happy to get my house under control of dust...
    Incutation of eggs have been quite fun and addicting that just had to make myself stop..next time incubate any eggs will be from my own chicks.. It has been a real joy to bring lives into this world..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    It is fun incubating. I put mine away too. The last 2 times I hatched they were eggs from my hens. I wasn't so worried with them as I was with eggs I got shipped to me. [​IMG]

3. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    maybe put something in that takes longer... turkey, emu, etc...??

4. chicklady63

chicklady63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Gosh, and I'm just getting started. I must be a slow bloomer or something. I probably won't do too much though. I have silkie, polish and dark Brahma (standard-size) eggs in right now. I've never had any standard size chicken before - always went with the bantams because of space constraints. Have more acerage now & can add on to the chicken area.
    I want to try the standard Cochins, Jersey Giants & Wyandottes. (I like the more docile breeds, especially in those big fellas, they can put a hurtin' on you I hear.)
    I also want to increase my chocolate Old English flock and add some high quality cochin bantams this year...guess I will be busy after all. But I only want a few of each....[​IMG]
    Hope my husband isn't secretly a member here![​IMG] (That's why I'm using an alias. Not really!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by