Packing. Peanuts??!!

PoultryCrazed

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2015
So today I got my BBB turkeys (I ordered three) and when I saw the box I thought they gave me more than I asked for but it turned out the hatchery gave me 1 more turkey and 10 chickens so when I ordered three I got 14!! Haha I don't mind I have enough space and I really love chickens I already have 5 and more on the way! But the problem is I don't know what breed they are! They are yellow with pink feet and the few that have pin feathers the top of the feather is brown. So if any one can tell me what they are I would be. So happy:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
They're probably RIR or Cornish. And, sorry to say, but they're probably all roosters. I've seen a lot of posts of people saying hatcheries sent them extra chicks for warmth and that's a good way to get rid of roosters

I'd be furious if a hatchery sent me 10 cornish male packing peanuts when I asked for 3 turkeys. Too squeamish to kill anything, and I already have enough problems rehoming all the 5%s I got :I.

I'd be furious if a hatchery sent me 10 cornish male packing peanuts when I asked for 3 turkeys. Too squeamish to kill anything, and I already have enough problems rehoming all the 5%s I got :I.

Id be pretty furious as well. And it's actually one of the reasons I chose not to order from Ideal. No minimum order but you have to order so many in order to not receive extra males. Have it be an option at least.

Id be pretty furious as well. And it's actually one of the reasons I chose not to order from Ideal. No minimum order but you have to order so many in order to not receive extra males. Have it be an option at least.
You can request not to have any males for warmth. It's all clearly stated in the FAQ and shipping information on their page.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom