Pain Relief?

Leader Bee

Songster
Jun 22, 2018
Don't worry! No injuries here at the moment. I'm just putting together a goose first aid kit incase anything bad ever happens; I want to be prepared.
I've already got all sorts of bandages, tweezers and gloves along with some neosporin and brudeline antibiotic cream but I'd hate to think my little babies were also in pain if anything should happen so i'm looking for a bit of advice on what emergency pain relief i could fit into the kit?

Don't worry! No injuries here at the moment. I'm just putting together a goose first aid kit incase anything bad ever happens; I want to be prepared.
I've already got all sorts of bandages, tweezers and gloves along with some neosporin and brudeline antibiotic cream but I'd hate to think my little babies were also in pain if anything should happen so i'm looking for a bit of advice on what emergency pain relief i could fit into the kit?
I'm sorry you didn't get any replies! Baby aspirin is commonly used in fowl for pain relief. The dose is 5 mg/kg which is about 2.3 mg per pound, or about 11 to 12 mg per five pounds.

@topochico225 My Indian runner duck has knee pain from congenital dislocated knees. The one knee is so red right now, which I assume is inflamed. There wasn't any baby aspirin around, but I have St. Joseph low dose aspirin, 81 mg in pill form. Do you (or does anyone else) know if I can give some of this to him? Like break off just a tiny piece of it? He's pretty scrawny, probably only a few pounds, though I haven't measured him directly yet.

Thank you!! I also found that I still had Meloxidyl (Metacam/meloxicam) leftover from before and gave him some yesterday. It looked like his knee discoloration already started to go down!

My vet also said I could get a prescription again from him for it and send it through Chewy, which was really great news since the vet is 2.5 hours away. Just in case anyone else needs Metacam in the future! Chewy has several sized bottles, which are cheaper than going through my (one) vet, lol.

Back
Top Bottom