Paint horses for sale in Iowa

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by farmgirlie1031, Jul 12, 2008.

1. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    We have 2 black Paint horses for sale. Angel is a 1992 Black Breeding Stock mare with foundation bloodlines. She has had 4 foals. I used to ride her on trail rides and she saved my life one day. I really hate to sale her but we have to sale a few as we are running out of grass and can't really afford the hay for the winter. She is a really great mare but I would say she is not for a beginner rider. She was used on cattle before we owned her. I've used her as a broodmare and trail horse. I am the only one in the family that rides and we have 5 horses so she hasn't been ridden much lately. She can have more foals for you or be a great trail horse for you. She is a great momma and a great trail horse. She has had turkey and pheasant fly right up from almost under her and not spooked. Deer have jumped the fences as we were out riding and she barely notices them. I'm not going to say she is bomb-proof though as I don't think any horse is totally 100% bomb proof.

The other one for sale is a 2 year old black solid gelding. Jack is a great guy. He is going to mature at 16+ hands. He is halter broke and very friendly and with some training will make someone a really nice horse. He could be used in 4-H horse shows or Solid bred Paint classes. I think he could go English and Western and look good doing both. His dam is Angel (Legacy's Blue Angle) and his sire is Cool Obsession.

If you are really interested we have a 7 year old gelding that could be sold to the right home. He is a sorrel overo with just one qualifying spot. He is super sweet but would need a trainer to be ridden. I started him as a 2-year-old and he was going great but I have not ridden him much since. So he is fairly green under saddle still. He could go Western and English also. His sire is Mr. Powerplay. I have ridden him bareback, western, and english. He could make a great kid's horse with some training.

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I wish I could get one from you but I'm to old to ride now. Maybe some pictures would help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by