Paint or Splash Silkie?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Redcatcher, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Songster

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    This is a lone chick that I hatched from a black hen that carries the paint gene AND B/B/S. The type is not the greatest. He has a single comb, light skin but correct toes. I am not even sure if he will survive. He was a bloody mess when he hatched all over his beak and face. Not sure what that was all about.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Crowing

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Well, you could always ship it to me and I'll check it out really good and then let you know [​IMG]

[​IMG] Looks Paint to me...............

3. brendapa

brendapa Songster

Feb 2, 2010
    Chester County, PA
    [​IMG] Good luck wth him...

The blood at hatching was probably due to him hitting a vein while zipping and/or turning in the shell.
    You are way beyond that little snag and he looks very healthy.

It'll be fun to watch this little guy grow up!

Brenda

4. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Songster

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    I would give him to you if it were practical from here. The mother is in the same pen with her full brother and a buff trio. I just gathered the eggs wanting to hatch some buffs to sell and this popped up. I am pretty sure the father is the brother. I will be removing the buffs from the pen now that I got a good hatch of buffs.

5. CUTE!!

[​IMG]

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I'll certainly take him [​IMG]

Doesn't really look like a splash baby, but I'm not sure what paint chicks look like. Try asking at The-Coop. Sigi is on there pretty frequently.

7. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Crowing

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:I don't mind a little incest when it comes to getting a Paint Silkie [​IMG] I think you should hatch some more and then some more and so on, LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: