PAINT ROOSTER For Sale!!- Willing to Drive Some Distance - No Ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Shayna, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Shayna

Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    I have a paint silkie rooster I need to sell because I have too many roosters (4) in my small flock. This gorgeous boy is about a year old and is currently breeding with the hens in my pen. He does have 5 toes and good eye pigment. His black spots are shown in the pics. This boy would be great with some nice quality black hens.

I am not comfortable shipping live birds, so I would really like to find him a home locally, but I am willing to meet in the Cedar Rapids or Iowa City area. With an additional delivery fee, I would be willing to make a longer drive for him to go to a good home. Areas I would possibly go to - Waterloo, Des Moines, Burlington, Quad Cities, maybe farther.... If you are interested in this, let me know where you can meet and we can discuss what a delivery fee would be. (Basically just compensation for gas.) I also could meet next weekend near the Eastern Iowa Poultry event.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking! [​IMG]
    Shayna

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Hmmmmm... Thinkin...

3. Shayna

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    Also - if you click the link in my signature to my egg auction, you can see additional pictures of my flock and babies hatched from them. I cannot guarantee this rooster is the father of the chicks, but it's a possibility.

Thanks!
    Shayna

4. Shayna

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    I really need to get this boy to a new home! This is a great deal for someone wanting to start with paints!!

I have a young pet quality paint silkie I will give away with the purchase of the roo. I am not sure if it's a pullet or cockerel but I would guess cockerel. It doesn't have correct toes and it's beak doesn't quite allign perfectly. It's a cute little guy though for someone looking for a pet chicken! (the two chickens are not related)
    Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

5. lavenderorpgirl

lavenderorpgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    I am interested but am in pa - my mother in law lives in md (we are on the border) and from your area (closest zip code) a bird shipped via express at your post offices last pickup would have him or them arriving in my town by noon next day. I've shipped 10+ lb birds to Idaho, az, nj and smaller ones to Indiana and other states and they are all fine and well taken care of (adopters send me pics :eek:)

Anyhoo am rambling here ...if you don't find a home I'd love to purchase him and his friend and would pay all shipping and box fee, etc. if not, I totally understand but thought I would share my shipping experience as I was opposed to shipping at first but our po lady is awesome and they have all been in fantastic condition upon arrival. And your guy is just SO cute I had to write...lol

happy Thanksgiving!

6. colleensstuff

colleensstuff Chillin' With My Peeps

I wish you were closer to the Minnesota border, I don't think I could convince my husband to drive all the way down to Waterloo. Hmmm. I would love some paints. [​IMG]

7. Shayna

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    Thanks everyone for your interest. The rooster has found a great home! [​IMG] Congrats and thanks to FrenchToast!

I do still have paint eggs availble, see link in my signature if interested.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by