Paint Silkie Cockerel for sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Dylan's Silkies, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Dylan's Silkies

Dylan's Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Virginia
    Jerry is at least 6 months old and has good markings on him. I have 3 paint boys right now so I am letting Jerry go so someone else can have a chance to work with the paint project. If you need a black pullet, I might have one to go with him for an extra $50. As a reminder, this is a work in progress and his siblings are throwing paint chicks along with black and blue ones. If you have any questions, please PM me. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    No room in the inn for new projects...but someone will be happy to snatch this guy up.

3. birds4me

birds4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Minnesota
    How are his toes? Do you expect him to fill out more? Skull ~ is it vaulted? Is he just pet quality or breeder quality? Any pictures of the black pullet?

4. Dylan's Silkies

Jun 16, 2010
    Virginia
    Quote:The cockerel has 5 toes. I don't know what his parents look like so I can't tell you if he will fill out more or not but I would guess that he is pretty much full grown by now. His skull is not vaulted.

Paints are considered project birds so I don't dare start labeling birds on their quality. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to start breeding paints and the girl(s) you put him with should improve the quality of the offsprings if the girl(s) have all of the right silkie traits but there's no guarantee since there is alot of unknowns in paint breeding.

Here's a picture of the black pullet.

[​IMG]

5. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Hi Anh,
    I am pretty sure that he is NOT full grown and will do a LOT more filling out!! Reason being that his siblings are STILL
    growing and filling out like crazy so I'm sure he has a lot more to do also. [​IMG]

If he is anything like his brothers he will for sure be a humper too [​IMG]

6. Dylan's Silkies

Jun 16, 2010
    Virginia
    Quote:Thanks for the input! All I know is what I see and he's a cute fella.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by